MR License to expire soon. What happens?

Solved
lawrie
Comes here often

MR License to expire soon. What happens?

Hi Team,

I have 4 APs in the network. Each has a license that is expire soon along with my MX 100. I am not planning to renew the license anytime soon. What will happen to the SSID with the passphrase and the static IP addresses  assigned for each AP? Will the wifi clients will still be able to connect to the APs after the license expires?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution
AutomationDude
Building a reputation

Hey @lawrie, the license is what keeps the devices running. If you want the clients to be able to connect, you will need an active license. Your configurations on the dashboard will not be lost however. 

Meraki will give you a 30 day grace period after the license expires, after which everything will stop working. Get new licenses if you'd like to keep things running. I believe you can acquire them easily from an online store like Rhino Networks.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
AutomationDude
Building a reputation

Hey @lawrie, the license is what keeps the devices running. If you want the clients to be able to connect, you will need an active license. Your configurations on the dashboard will not be lost however. 

Meraki will give you a 30 day grace period after the license expires, after which everything will stop working. Get new licenses if you'd like to keep things running. I believe you can acquire them easily from an online store like Rhino Networks.

So after the 30 day grace period then everything will stop working?

DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Correct, every Meraki device within your Meraki network will stop functioning.

Youll need to renew all your licenses within your dashboard within the 30 day grace period.

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels