MR Firmware Upgrade plan

Solved
This2shallpass
Getting noticed

MR Firmware Upgrade plan

Hi, 

I am planning on upgrading the firmware of MRs at site from MR29.4.1 to MR 29.5.1 as it is the latest stable recommended version. MR models are  MR56, MR46E, MR46, MR44, MR42. Total count is 50. 

We have an activity downtime window so we are opting for the "Minimize total upgrade time"

I'd like to know if i can go ahead with the upgrade for all the models in one go ? Would i run into any issues as there is a mix of models. 

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution
ConnorL
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Yup, feel free to go ahead and upgrade in one go - the model number doesn't matter as each AP will download and install the firmware independently of each other at the time chosen.

Do make sure you do this during a maintenance window if possible to prevent downtime. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
ConnorL
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Yup, feel free to go ahead and upgrade in one go - the model number doesn't matter as each AP will download and install the firmware independently of each other at the time chosen.

Do make sure you do this during a maintenance window if possible to prevent downtime. 

Thank you @ConnorL 

One more Doubt  - The APs are connected to a Meraki Switches MS125 & MS220 which are currently running on Firmware MS14.33.1 & there is a newer update MS15.21.1 available. The switches are not upgraded to  MS15.21.1 & are in warning state. with date 31st May 23.  Hope that wouldn't cause any problem.

Planning to upgrade the switches later this month.

Hi,

This won‘t affect the MR upgrade process.

Also upgrading your Switches from MS 14.33.1 is easy going. Just upgraded a whole customer organization from 14.33.1 to 15.21.1 yesterday without any issues.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels