MR 33 - Working But Showing Offline in Dashboard

Solved
GJ1
Getting noticed

MR 33 - Working But Showing Offline in Dashboard

Hi,

I am trying to add some MR33s to our network but am having a weird issue where the AP seems to work (solid blue light and my laptop is getting signal), but when I check its status on the dashboard is 'Has never connected to the Meraki cloud'. 

The switch port it's connected into is configured correctly and our existing APs can connect no problem so I've no idea what is wrong.

Not sure if there is something I've missed but any pointers would be great!

1 Accepted Solution
GJ1
Getting noticed

I think I have found the problem. I needed to increase the IP range for the Merakis on our firewall. Done that now so will see if it can detect the change.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8
MarcP
Kind of a big deal

So it is showing the correct ssid but says never connected to the cloud?

First AP ever (assuming FW rules may be missing?)?

local page saying anything helpful?

BrechtSchamp
Kind of a big deal

How long has it been like that? Sometimes it takes a little while.

Have a look on the local status page of the AP to see what it is reporting.

https://documentation.meraki.com/zGeneral_Administration/Tools_and_Troubleshooting/Using_the_Cisco_M...

Hi both. We have a few Meraki MR32s in place and fully operational. I connected to the MR 33 and verified that the static IP has been set, but I get the errors shown in the image. 

The switch port to which it's connected is configured properly (successfully connected one of our MR32s to the same port), and I have setup the same DNS server settings as our existing APs (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4).

I feel like I've done something really stupid but just can't see what!

MR33 Error.PNG

BrechtSchamp
Kind of a big deal

Any VLAN configuration in place or is it a flat network?

kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

Try resetting the unit and use a different port and cable. If that doesn't work and you know you've tried 2 different methods I would try to RMA the MR33. Once in a blue it happens were an AP isn't functioning normally.

Enthusiast
GJ1
Getting noticed

I think I have found the problem. I needed to increase the IP range for the Merakis on our firewall. Done that now so will see if it can detect the change.

MarcP
Kind of a big deal

Meraki will love to hear this 😄 😉
GJ1
Getting noticed

Haha. Thanks a lot chaps for the assistance. Much appreciated!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels