Highlighted
Here to help

Re: MR 26.7 Firmware

great point but we had tested "layer 3 roaming" - successful
Highlighted
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

We haven't used r for a while as we use WPA personal and there is a security risk if combined 

Highlighted
Conversationalist

Hi guys,

We also had the bad addresses issue. We solved it by disabling the mesh feature on the wireless. This was also confirmed by meraki that this is an issue on the new mr45/55  models. Hope this helps!

Highlighted
Kind of a big deal

Thanks for the response @Brambo

I had a feeling this was directly related to the new first gen 802.11ax MR45/MR55 models.
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn
Highlighted
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Ah, that is why we didn't get the actual problem, just some alerts, we had disabled meshing!

Highlighted
Here to help

Mesh was disabled on our site and we continued to see BAD_ADDRESS.
Highlighted
Here to help

Meraki support recently came back to us with the following.  We will pass on this for now and wait for it to be fully tested but FYI out there to others who may not be able to afford to wait around. 

Greetings, The product team reached out and mentioned they have recently received reports of issues of this nature occurring on 26.7.

They have provided a test firmware that needs to be applied on the affected networks.

As this test firmware cannot be scheduled, you would need to call in during a maintenance window (as your APs will reboot on the firmware upgrade) so that we can apply it for you while on the call.

Highlighted
Kind of a big deal

So I think the meshing was a red herring, and the real issue is the MR45/MR55 =/
TwitterLinkedIn
Highlighted
Conversationalist

We also disabled 802.1r but that was not related as to my understanding and what the engineer told us.

Highlighted
A model citizen

Red herring or @NolanHerring, you decide 😆
Networking geek since high school where I got half of a CCNA. Played Marathon II and Infinity over localtalk.
Made many a network over the years, now de facto admin of a retreat center with some of this fine Meraki hardware.
Fortune 100 Tech veteran/refugee.
Highlighted
Conversationalist

Hi guys,

Bad news this morning we had again bad addresses in our dhcp scope so yes red herring :-).

Good news meraki installed a patch and we havent had the issue anymore!

So spam meraki support for the patch if you really need it! 😉

Greets

bram

Highlighted
Kind of a big deal

@Brambo wrote:

Hi guys,

Bad news this morning we had again bad addresses in our dhcp scope so yes red herring :-).

Good news meraki installed a patch and we havent had the issue anymore!

So spam meraki support for the patch if you really need it! 😉

Greets

bram

What are your specific conditions that are having you run into this issue?

MR45/MR55 model?

L3 Roaming on the SSID?

Just want to validate what it is causing it since I'm not having the issue.

Did support tell you what version they pushed you to? 26.8? Did they mention what the specific bug was?

TwitterLinkedIn
Highlighted
Conversationalist

MR45 and we are using bridging not l3 roaming .We run our layer 3 on a MS355 switch and dhcp relay to a microsoft dhcp. We had the same issue with the DHCP running on the switch(pool was running full) at first thats why we migrated to a microsoft dhcp server.
Highlighted
Kind of a big deal

Thanks for the feedback @Brambo

I think this just confirms the MR45 and MR55 are still having a continuation of issues since their conception.
TwitterLinkedIn
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.