MAC-based access control (no encryption) with FreeRadius

nst1
Building a reputation

MAC-based access control (no encryption) with FreeRadius

I have a server FreeRadius, my SSID authenticated with this sever but the test failed.

In my FreeRadius are the AP of Access Point, in the dashboard of Meraki are the IP de FreeRadius and shared secret and tehe port 1812.

From my Access Point the ping reponse to FreeRadius

is compatility Meraki with FreeRadius ???

3 REPLIES 3
HodyCrouch
Building a reputation

I use customized FreeRADIUS servers to handle authentication for Meraki in many locations.

If you haven't already tried, I suggest running FreeRADIUS in debug mode ( radiusd -X ) and attempting to connect to your SSID.  You will have to look through the FreeRADIUS output, but it should provide an indication of the root cause.

Are you using Meraki's RADIUS proxy?

Have you configured FreeRADIUS to accept connections from all possible IP addresses that can originate the RADIUS requests?  The IP ranges will be different if you use Meraki's RADIUS proxy.

If you aren't using Meraki's RADIUS proxy, have you checked firewall configurations between your access points and your RADIUS server?

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I echo @HodyCrouch. I've used FreeRadius before without issue. Use the debugging option - it will get you the answers the fastest.

Brogan
Comes here often

We have used FreeRadius for many months for MAC based control (no encryption) without issues until recently we picked up issues with Samsung SM-X205. Can anyone advise if there been any recent changes e.g. firmware MR28.6.1 that would be causing this? 

Has certain protocols been deprecated or encryption/authentication methods now enforced?  

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels