MA-ANT-25 Mounting kit

SOLVED
LuisCovarrubias
Here to help

MA-ANT-25 Mounting kit

Hello everyone,

I just have one doubt about the Meraki MA-ANT-25, i'm planning installing it on a Meraki MR74 on a ceiling, and i have to point the antenna 30° to 45° (aprox) toward the floor, so, the Mounting Kit that the antenna includes when i order it it suits for this kind of installation or do i have to consider a spare/another Mounting Kit to achieve this.

Hope you can help me.

Cheers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MerakiDave
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

@LuisCovarrubias that should be no problem, the ANT-25 like other antennas ships with all the required mounting hardware, including the wall mount bracket and the 90-degree swiveling direction changer, that will accommodate your 30 or 45 degree angles.  The wall bracket could be ceiling mounted as well, just ensure proper installation, for example I'd consider toggle bolts instead of hollow wall anchors for ceiling mounting.  Here's a video on the ANT-25 that should help: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMng6gKch8M

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
MerakiDave
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

@LuisCovarrubias that should be no problem, the ANT-25 like other antennas ships with all the required mounting hardware, including the wall mount bracket and the 90-degree swiveling direction changer, that will accommodate your 30 or 45 degree angles.  The wall bracket could be ceiling mounted as well, just ensure proper installation, for example I'd consider toggle bolts instead of hollow wall anchors for ceiling mounting.  Here's a video on the ANT-25 that should help: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMng6gKch8M

Really good answer, Dave! that helped me a lot!

A couple hours ago i was thinking of there's is a different mounting kit for the patch antennas i mentioned above, and i found the "MA-MNT-ANT-2" which has a longer mounting-arm, however, that kit it's compatible with the Meraki Patch E5/E6 & F5/6 Antennas  so i'd like to know if that mounting kit is compatible with the MA-ANT-25

I've already checked out the dimensions of both antennas (MA-ANT-25 & E5/E6 & F5/F6) and the E and F models are a little bit bigger than the MA-ANT-25.

Hope you can help me with this another request hehe.

Regards

BUMP.

I'm unable to locate any mounting kit that supports the MA-ANT-25 antenna. We tried using a MNT-ANT-1 but the screw holes do not line up at all with the patch antenna. Anyone else know? So far my resources at Meraki have not been able to provide a solution.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels