Looking for the ma-ant-25 installation guide

SOLVED
Riley
Here to help

Looking for the ma-ant-25 installation guide

Title says it all.  Just need the installation guide for the ma-ant-25.  I couldn't find it by searching the documentation.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I don't think there is one.  However once you open the box it should make sense on it's own.

The antennas already have a metal ear mounted to it with another one in the box that connects to that one with the bolt.  You first take that piece and mark drilling holes if you need to mount to a surface.

Then you can join both ears together at the correct downtilt degrees by tightening the bolt.

Make sure you always connect one antenna to the two connectors on the top or on the bottom of the AP.  Do NOT connect one lead to a top connector and one to a bottom, that is wrong.  The antenna wires are quite short so you'll have to mount the antennas really close to the AP.

If you're not connecting 2.4 GHz then you'll need to buy N-type screw on caps to protect from dust and water.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I don't think there is one.  However once you open the box it should make sense on it's own.

The antennas already have a metal ear mounted to it with another one in the box that connects to that one with the bolt.  You first take that piece and mark drilling holes if you need to mount to a surface.

Then you can join both ears together at the correct downtilt degrees by tightening the bolt.

Make sure you always connect one antenna to the two connectors on the top or on the bottom of the AP.  Do NOT connect one lead to a top connector and one to a bottom, that is wrong.  The antenna wires are quite short so you'll have to mount the antennas really close to the AP.

If you're not connecting 2.4 GHz then you'll need to buy N-type screw on caps to protect from dust and water.

Thanks.  I appreciate it.

MK2
Building a reputation

... need to buy N-type screw on caps...

Are they avaiable through Meraki or do you suggest any "supported" vendor?

MerakiDave
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

@GIdenJoe is correct, there isn't an install guide specific to the ANT-25 and it comes with the mounting hardware included for either wall or mast mounting for example.  Depending on the AP in use (like MR76 vs MR86) and depending on the use case (if it's a mesh link for example) then you might have one or two ANT-25 installed on the AP.  More information in the FAQ is needed. https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Other_Topics/Frequently_Asked_Questions_regarding_Cisco_Meraki_A...

Thanks for the confirmation.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels