Looking for a way to get Total unique users and hours used across all wireless networks for a year

Tommyrot
Conversationalist

Looking for a way to get Total unique users and hours used across all wireless networks for a year

Hi Folks,

I've been asked to report on the following for the previous Australian financial year (1 July 2018 to 30 June 2019)

* Total number of unique users for all wireless networks associated with our organisation

* Total number of hours used for all wireless networks associated with the our organisation

I'm looking through the available tools on our meraki instance (note that we don't have a syslog server, which seems like it might solve this issue) and I've hit the following obstacles:

the summary report tool only allows me to select data for about a 6 month period, which means the "unique users for a year" value wouldn't be accurate (i.e. if I ran two separate reports for the two 6 month periods it wouldn't be unique users for the whole year)

* there doesn't seem to be a raw count of hours used in any of the built-in reports

Is anyone aware of a way to obtain this from the delivered tools/reports on either the meraki dashboard or via APIs?

4 REPLIES 4
AjitKumar
Head in the Cloud

Hi @Tommyrot 

I understand this may not be possible.

I believe "syslog" was the answer.

Summary Reports gives us very minimal information. APIs again talks to Dashboard for information, which I understand is maintained only for 30 Days.

Regards,
Ajit
AjitsNW@gmail.com
www.ajit.network
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You can't.

Here is a blog post with some more info about data retention, but like others said, nothing goes back 1 year

https://www.willette.works/meraki-event-logs/
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn

Thanks very much for confirming this everyone.

Good to understand a bit more from that https://www.willette.works/meraki-event-logs/ article, thanks @NolanHerring 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels