Location Analytics - Data Suddenly stopped !

Solved
gr4ntm
Conversationalist

Location Analytics - Data Suddenly stopped !

I have an MR32 AP and have Location Analytics enabled and scanning API posting to a System that detects presence of devices.

Two days ago the post URL stopped receiving device updates. 

Looking in the Organisation Wide Location Analytics the data and graphs showing various devices seen dropped to Zero despite plenty of Wifi Connected devices. 

I updated to latest firmware but its still the same.

No Config Changes made at the time it stopped. 

Has anyone seen similar ? Not sure why data is suddenly lost !

1 Accepted Solution
jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

I had this happen a couple months ago. It was a problem affecting one of our shards. Meraki had to fix it on their end. Call support.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
BrechtSchamp
Kind of a big deal

Are you using https on the receiving server? Maybe an issue with the certificate?

jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

I had this happen a couple months ago. It was a problem affecting one of our shards. Meraki had to fix it on their end. Call support.

gr4ntm
Conversationalist

Hi All, thanks for your responses - I contacted support and it seems the development team were working on the shard that I'm on and they had reports of others having  lost some services that were on there, not long after I raised my  case its started working again 🙂 

afasquel
Here to help

Hello,
Which system do you use to detect presence of devices?

I really want to try the Scanning API feature but I don't know to which kind of system i should post.

Any information is very welcome

kind regards
Alex
gr4ntm
Conversationalist

Hello

You could use something like Home Assistant if you just want to test it, that's an open source home automation platform.

Thanks

Grant 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels