Link Quality of 42%

RumorConsumer
Head in the Cloud

Link Quality of 42%

MR52 as a repeater with a 42% link quality to its primary mesh buddy. About 200 feet and indoor, primary mesh neighbor is an MR74 outdoor w omnis. Meraki docs say 70% quality recommended for a good signal. Would you all keep it? It does about 50mbit which is fine but I’m more concerned w stability. Is this guaranteed to be unstable?

Networking geek since high school where I got half of a CCNA. Played Marathon II and Infinity over localtalk.
Made many a network over the years, now de facto admin of a retreat center with some of this fine Meraki hardware.
Fortune 100 Tech veteran/refugee.
3 Replies 3
BrechtSchamp
Kind of a big deal

200 feet is probably on the farther end of what meshing can do with omnis. I'd keep it and keep an eye on it. If it works, it works, right. If you could pull a cable, you'd do it...

Correct 

Networking geek since high school where I got half of a CCNA. Played Marathon II and Infinity over localtalk.
Made many a network over the years, now de facto admin of a retreat center with some of this fine Meraki hardware.

@BrechtSchamp So its been 24 hours and the link was looking even more solid than it had. But now the mesh speed to that gateway is tanking.

RumorConsumer_0-1582966403921.png

RumorConsumer_1-1582966425668.png

Interesting the link quality has just gone up. So not sure what is happening there. If you have any thoughts let me know.

RumorConsumer_2-1582966474248.png

It looks like it is just going to be inconsistent which is what I had hoped to avoid. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels