Limit the number of connections to a SSID

SOLVED
LaMennais
Just browsing

Limit the number of connections to a SSID

Hello, we have a Cisco Meraki Wifi deployment. We have created three SSIDs and one of them will be open with bandwith limits. We want to limit the number of clients that can be connected at the same time to the open SSID.

Can i do that? and where can i find this option in the Meraki Dashboard?

Thank you in advance.

Eng. Leonel Anido

IT Department

Colegio La Mennais

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
cta102
Building a reputation

If you don't require NAT Mode then the only (easy) way I can think of is using a DHCP pool sized to your requirements.

Though it's not a great method and you would have to have a short lease time so the addresses are recycled quickly.

The only other option I can think of is to try and get creative with splash pages and scripting.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
AjitKumar
Head in the Cloud

Hi
This is challanging. I do not see any option on the Dashboard to achieve this.
One Idea is to configure the SSID in bridge Mode. TAG the SSID with a VLAN. Limit the DHCP Pool on that VLAN.

Regards,
Ajit
AjitsNW@gmail.com
www.ajit.network

Thank you AjitKumar.

I will do that. It will work pretty good.

Best regards,

Eng. Leonel Anido

IT Department

Colegio La Mennais

cta102
Building a reputation

If you don't require NAT Mode then the only (easy) way I can think of is using a DHCP pool sized to your requirements.

Though it's not a great method and you would have to have a short lease time so the addresses are recycled quickly.

The only other option I can think of is to try and get creative with splash pages and scripting.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels