Lights out on MR32 after upgrade to MR25.13

Zilla
Getting noticed

Lights out on MR32 after upgrade to MR25.13

Anyone else notice the blue lights going out be being so dim you can't tell the are on?

Our were going along fine until the latest firmware upgrade, now I've had techs from two locations tell me the APs are off because the lights are so dim. I observed the same thing in our corporate office.

When troubleshooting we blink the lights and they show up until we stop the blink. Also when we reboot the AP they are on until the AP is connected to the cloud again.

The APs still service clients without issue.

Toggling the network's AP LED setting to off and back on didn't help either.

10 REPLIES 10
NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

I just tested this at home with MR33 on 25.12 and then upgraded to 25.13 but I didn't notice any difference that I could tell.

I have some MR32 in the office that I can test with come Monday.
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn

I didn't see any difference on our MR33s, either.

NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

I just tried on an MR32 between 25.12 and 25.13 and I did not notice any difference when connected. Blue LED is dim on both code versions.
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn

I'm seeing a drastic difference in the brightness in the MR32s and MR33s.  The MR32s are so dim they look like the have been unplugged unless you are right up on them.  I'll open a case and see what support says.

@NolanHerring Thanks for checking things in your environment, too.

pjc
A model citizen

Yep, I have also noticed very dim LED light when online and clients connected (blue colour) on our MR32's, have to get up close.  Still bright lights when booting up (red>green>blue sequence).  Also bright green LED when running the 'flash LED' util in tools.  Ours are MR32's on latest v25.13, but I alos noticed the problem with earlier code, sorry can't remember which version, possibly 25.9

Landmark
New here

Following a power outage at one of our branches, we have just noticed this on every Meraki across our estate.  Although the APs are all online they look switched off - no blue light appears visible.

redsector
Head in the Cloud

Yes, I have the same issue with seven MR32 with software version MR25.13

They are green when no device is connected

Instead of blue light the light wents off when clients are connecting.

MR42 accesspoints in the same network are doing right.

I did an Meraki case for one of the accesspoints, got a new one and replaced it. The lights are ok on this accesspoint now.

redsector
Head in the Cloud

I opened an case. Meraki sent me a new MR32. The blue light is well now on this accesspoint.

I checked all my Accesspoints: All MR32 and MR52 are having the same issue.

The blue light isn´t totally off as I believed but it´s dimmed so much that you almost can´t see it.

Maybe it´s the age of the accesspoints. Our MR42 are newer and the blue light is o.k.

Same here with the MR32, dim light. Our MR42 have a bright blue light. Is the only solution to replace? We have a ton. 

Thanks

redsector
Head in the Cloud

It´s only the light. Accesspoints are working well. I also thought about replacing all AP´s. I did it with 5 of them, but I think I will leave the others with a dimmed blue light.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels