Licenses

SOLVED
CWJeremy
Conversationalist

Licenses

Hi all.  I am just coming into the IT director after the previous left the company.  I am looking through everything, especially the licenses.  If I select one of the APs, I see that the majority say 3 or 4 years on the term.  When I look up top though, it says that I have 54 days.  I'm not certain how to interpret this one.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
HodyCrouch
Building a reputation

When you see the 3 or 4 year term on the license information page, it's referring to the original length of the license.  You can look at the 'Start date' column to learn when each license started.

The '54 days' you see on the page means that your license will expire 54 days from now.

Keep in mind that all Meraki licenses co-terminate for your entire network.  Read this document to better understand the process https://documentation.meraki.com/zGeneral_Administration/Licensing/Cisco_Meraki_Licensing_Guidelines...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

Can you provide a screenshot of your License Info page within your dashboard. Will help us get a better picture.
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn
HodyCrouch
Building a reputation

When you see the 3 or 4 year term on the license information page, it's referring to the original length of the license.  You can look at the 'Start date' column to learn when each license started.

The '54 days' you see on the page means that your license will expire 54 days from now.

Keep in mind that all Meraki licenses co-terminate for your entire network.  Read this document to better understand the process https://documentation.meraki.com/zGeneral_Administration/Licensing/Cisco_Meraki_Licensing_Guidelines...

BrechtSchamp
Kind of a big deal

I think the 3 and 4 years you are talking about are probably the license terms of the licenses that were originally bought.

The 54 days is the most important because that's the time you have left before you have to renew your licenses.

You should know that Meraki automatically coterminates licenses (at the moment). Hence the single date, regardless of the 3 and 4 years.

Basically if at Jan 1st 2018 you bought 2 APs with 3 YR licenses, the expiry date would have been Jan 1st 2021.

If you buy 1 extra AP with a 3 YR license on Jan 1st 2019, the expiry date would not be Jan 1st 2021, it also wouldn't be Jan 1st 2022. But more something like Apr 1st 2021 because some of the value of the second license will be used to get the first license to co-terminate with the second one.

More info here:

https://documentation.meraki.com/zGeneral_Administration/Licensing/Cisco_Meraki_Licensing_Guidelines...

Edit: Wow, HodyCrouch has written about the exact same answer as me at about the same time. I'll leave it as having it twice can't hurt.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels