License Start Date

SOLVED
Kiki
Getting noticed

License Start Date

When I activate within 90 days, is the start date the day of activation, or does it start counting after 90 days?

90-day license activation window: You will have up to 90 days to claim and assign your licenses before they activate, giving you more time to deploy Meraki products before your licenses burn time.

Note: Waiting to activate a license in the dashboard does not delay its activation date. There is no time benefit gained from delaying an activation.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Kiki they are for the different licensing modes.

In Per Device Licensing you have up to 90 days to start the license, in Co-Termination it starts straight away.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi @Kiki , it’s the date you activate but you have a 90 day window to activate within. After the 90 days the license will activate anyway.

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
Kiki
Getting noticed

Can I consider the activation date to be effective as soon as I choose to activate, not ninety days later

AutomationDude
Building a reputation

Hi @Kiki , the post above is the truth. I can however sympathise with you. Considering what you shared from the documentation, it doesn't seem very clear.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Kiki they are for the different licensing modes.

In Per Device Licensing you have up to 90 days to start the license, in Co-Termination it starts straight away.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels