License Expiry for Dashboard and MR Access Points - how to renew?

SOLVED
The_Machine
Here to help

License Expiry for Dashboard and MR Access Points - how to renew?

HI Team, 

My license for dashboard and 3 MR33 APs is about to expire but the information on how to renew is a bit convoluted to be honest. In the licensing info it says I need 3x LIC-ENT-1YR and 1x LIC-SME-1YR and to contact the Meraki sales team for purchase. I contacted them almost week ago via email but zero replies. Aside from that, I am a Cisco employee so I wanted to understand where in the Cisco Meraki employee store I can find and buy those licenses cause I could not really find them there (there are lots of licenses listed but they don't show the license SKU from that I can see.

Any tips and pointers on how to renew my licenses would be much appreciated !

Thanks
Thomas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
The_Machine
Here to help

HI Team, 

I think I worked out how to do it. In the Cisco Employee Store under licenses, there is one called the MR Enterprise License and Support. So for the 2 APs that I need a licenses I added 2 of those licenses to my purchase. I have yet to receive the licenses but I assume that's how its done.

Thanks

Thomas

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@The_Machine  Re the store side I things I've messaged an admin asking them to provide you with some help with this.

You need 3 x LIC-ENT-1YR which will give you another 1 years licensing, the LIC-SME-1YR code is a systems manager license which you don't need unless you are using systems manager as well. 

Thanks Blake, appreciate the quick feedback!

Yeah I do have systems manager but I believe that one is not due for renewal for another 9 months. So I guess I just need the licenses for my 3x APs then or is there a separate license for the dashboard usage itself?
Cheers

Thomas

@The_Machine There is no dashboard license, a single hardware or SM license is all thats required. 

The_Machine
Here to help

HI Team, 

I think I worked out how to do it. In the Cisco Employee Store under licenses, there is one called the MR Enterprise License and Support. So for the 2 APs that I need a licenses I added 2 of those licenses to my purchase. I have yet to receive the licenses but I assume that's how its done.

Thanks

Thomas

@The_Machine  I have no idea how the Cisco employee store works but yes when you place an order normally there is a delay until you receive the licenses. 

The automated email you recieve will contain everything you need. 

@The_Machine , did you need any further clarification on this? Are you all squared away?

Hi Phil, thanks for checking. Yeah all good, I received the license in email this morning.

Cheers

Thomas

Hi. I have a similar issue. So with 2 x MR Acces Point with co-termination I need to purchase this license 2x so if I take a 5 year license only 1x it will not split it over the 2 MRs?

Bruce
Kind of a big deal

If you’re doing a renewal of licenses then the number of licenses you purchase needs to match the number of devices. A renewal effectively replaces your existing licenses with exactly what is on the order. If you add additional licenses then you get another device license, but the co-term date is adjusted as the license ‘flows’ across all devices in the organisation.

For your two access points, yes, you need to purchase two licenses. No, you can’t purchase one 5 year one, there is no way to split it.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels