cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License Expiry for Dashboard and MR Access Points - how to renew?

SOLVED
The_Machine
Here to help

License Expiry for Dashboard and MR Access Points - how to renew?

HI Team, 

My license for dashboard and 3 MR33 APs is about to expire but the information on how to renew is a bit convoluted to be honest. In the licensing info it says I need 3x LIC-ENT-1YR and 1x LIC-SME-1YR and to contact the Meraki sales team for purchase. I contacted them almost week ago via email but zero replies. Aside from that, I am a Cisco employee so I wanted to understand where in the Cisco Meraki employee store I can find and buy those licenses cause I could not really find them there (there are lots of licenses listed but they don't show the license SKU from that I can see.

Any tips and pointers on how to renew my licenses would be much appreciated !

Thanks
Thomas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
The_Machine
Here to help

Re: License Expiry for Dashboard and MR Access Points - how to renew?

HI Team, 

I think I worked out how to do it. In the Cisco Employee Store under licenses, there is one called the MR Enterprise License and Support. So for the 2 APs that I need a licenses I added 2 of those licenses to my purchase. I have yet to receive the licenses but I assume that's how its done.

Thanks

Thomas

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal

@The_Machine  Re the store side I things I've messaged an admin asking them to provide you with some help with this.

You need 3 x LIC-ENT-1YR which will give you another 1 years licensing, the LIC-SME-1YR code is a systems manager license which you don't need unless you are using systems manager as well. 

Meraki CMNO, Ruckus WISE, Sonicwall CSSA, Allied Telesis CASE & CAI
The_Machine
Here to help

Thanks Blake, appreciate the quick feedback!

Yeah I do have systems manager but I believe that one is not due for renewal for another 9 months. So I guess I just need the licenses for my 3x APs then or is there a separate license for the dashboard usage itself?
Cheers

Thomas

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal

@The_Machine There is no dashboard license, a single hardware or SM license is all thats required. 

The_Machine
Here to help

HI Team, 

I think I worked out how to do it. In the Cisco Employee Store under licenses, there is one called the MR Enterprise License and Support. So for the 2 APs that I need a licenses I added 2 of those licenses to my purchase. I have yet to receive the licenses but I assume that's how its done.

Thanks

Thomas

View solution in original post

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal

@The_Machine  I have no idea how the Cisco employee store works but yes when you place an order normally there is a delay until you receive the licenses. 

The automated email you recieve will contain everything you need. 

Phi-L
Meraki Employee

@The_Machine , did you need any further clarification on this? Are you all squared away?

The_Machine
Here to help

Hi Phil, thanks for checking. Yeah all good, I received the license in email this morning.

Cheers

Thomas

Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.