LAN IP is showing nothing for MR 76 on dashboard

Solved
ranjankumarsgh
Getting noticed

LAN IP is showing nothing for MR 76 on dashboard

Hi 

Please help me to resolve the MR76 AP issue as it is not showing any LAN IP on dashboard.

Mr76 is connected with Local cisco switch and we are running own DHCP server in our network. MAC is learning on local SW Port and also dynamic IP is getting allotted as per ARP table. Also local Meraki page of MR76 is showing " AP is connected to internet and meraki cloud.

I have tried to assign static IP on AP but still it is not getting fully Lived(Repeater symbol) on dashboard and no LAN IP is showing. 

More Interesting is that i have local Cisco switch and cdp is enabled on it but mr76 ap is not showing on cdp neighbor. Once i reboot the ap then it shows in cdp neighbor for few minutes and then vanishes.

As per meraki TAC, it is local dhcp issue. But I am not getting any clue that it is due to dhcp as IP is allotted to AP and it is reachable over lan also. 

Please suggest further investigation on it.

1 Accepted Solution

I tried to remove from network multiple times but all went invain. I will try factory reset

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

What is the switchport config? And make sure in dashboard you're not tagging whatever the native VLAN is. Example, if the switchport native VLAN is say 100. Don't also go into dashboard and set the AP mgmt VLAN as 100. I see that issue a lot.

Repeater APs don't get IPs. So, if your AP is acting as a repeater it would be expected to not show an IP. So, it sounds like a switchport config issue.

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for your comment. There is no such config on switchport. The below are the switchport config and the native vlan is defualt vlan 1. On Dashboard, MR 76 AP LAN IP is set DHCP and Vlan "No any vlan/blank"

Note : The AP mode is showing in repeater but there is no any other meraki AP in that area. The repeater mode might be due to not reachable from dashboard.

interface GigabitEthernet0/7
switchport access vlan 119
switchport mode access

Your further inputs will be highly appreciated.

Ok, so your switchport is native VLAN 119. Is there a DHCP server on for that VLAN/subnet? Does a regular wired client receive DHCP if connected to that port or a port configured the same?

Yes wired client are getting IP even MR 76 is also getting IP from vlan 119

GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If your AP is in repeater mode it received PoE power from the switch but there is a layer 1 or layer 2 issue preventing the access point from reaching the Meraki Cloud.

Usually VLAN configuration issues prevent the AP from reaching it's intended default gateway or DHCP is not working.  But it could also be a cable issue between the switch and the AP itself.

Hi 

DHCP is working as other clients in same vlan are getting IP and even Mr76 is also getting IP from vlan 119.

So the DHCP server is allocating an IP to the AP.  Did you run a capture on the switchport to verify the DHCP ack is actually reaching the device?

If DHCP is ok then you still have the test that the AP can actually reach dashboard via the port.

maybe test another device on the cable where the AP is cabled on and see if it also gets an IP in the same range (assuming you use the native VLAN for AP management) and test your internet connectivity.

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Would also try removing it from the network, and then add it again. 

Also try give  it a factory reset.

I tried to remove from network multiple times but all went invain. I will try factory reset

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels