Issue with Spash page not connecting to web page

Solved
RlentAlura
New here

Issue with Spash page not connecting to web page

Hey all,

Before I start, I just want to mention that this worked previously at setup, and randomly stopped about a week after setup.

I am troubleshooting an issue for one of my customers that has Meraki APs.

they have a public wifi SSID that is set to use the click through splash page that redirects to a web page with the terms of their wifi use, and an "I agree" button that links to the survey monkey survey link. once they complete the survey, it authenticates them and opens the internet access.

However if i have a client try it for the splash page, it goes to the page with the "I agree" button, but when it tries to load the survey monkey link, it says it cannot load the webpage. as if it timed out. 

SSID is set to Meraki NAT

I've tested the webpage link it directs to for the splash page and can go through the process, and get to the survey no problem.

Ive tried the link on the public wifi vlan, and it is able to load no problem.

Im just trying to figure out why it wont load that link.

Just looking for anyone that might have run into this, or would have any helpful suggestions. 

1 Accepted Solution
HodyCrouch
Building a reputation

Do you have walled garden settings in Wireless > Access Control for this SSID?  If so, are you using IP Addresses or hostnames in the walled garden?

You should verify that all resources on the survey page are permitted by your walled garden.  Keep in mind that some resources may be associated to many different IP addresses.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
HodyCrouch
Building a reputation

Do you have walled garden settings in Wireless > Access Control for this SSID?  If so, are you using IP Addresses or hostnames in the walled garden?

You should verify that all resources on the survey page are permitted by your walled garden.  Keep in mind that some resources may be associated to many different IP addresses.

OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH!

I was trying to pick what was allowed before authentication, but didn't know the term.

Its up and running now. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels