Issue at Meraki MR 36

Naresh_Bhardwaj
Getting noticed

Issue at Meraki MR 36

Hi All,

Can someone help to understand why im getting  "LAN IP (None: AP is a repeater)" apart from the LAN management IP address and how to fix it

Thanks in Advance

6 REPLIES 6
GreenMan
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

You're seeing this because the Access Point hasn't been able to establish a connection to Dashboard over the wired ethernet link, to which it is connected.   It would seem it is receiving power though;   it has instead established a wireless mesh uplink using a nearby wired Meraki AP.   First thing would probably be to check the cabling on all the ethernet pairs.  Also the configuration of the switch, to which it's connected;  I would configure the uplink as an 802.1Q trunk, with native VLAN 1, over which you should provide DHCP, to deliver an appropriate IP and DNS configuration to allow the AP to reach the Meraki Dashboard.

Remember too - your license allows you to contact Meraki Support, if you need to:  options are available, within Help > Get help at the top right of Dashboard.

@GreenMan Thanks for the information

I there any way to disable the wireless mesh uplink using a nearby wired Meraki AP.

Thats correct the Switch port is not configured for few APs however i dont want APs to connect by using the Internet connection of another AP. I want AP to use only Wired connection towards Internet.]

How i can disable to the wireless mesh uplink using a nearby wired Meraki AP

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

go to network >general

then look for " meshing" 

GreenMan
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Even better, thank you!  😁   Learn a new thing every day...

turning off meshing looks like a system wide option.  if you only wanted the units to not mesh while working on them, you could change the RF channels to ones that are not in use by the local AP

If you don't want your APs to have this built-in resilience, you should raise a case with the Meraki Support team, requesting that mesh be disabled, for the Network.   Given that the mesh gateway AP must be nearby, wouldn't both of them use the same Internet link anyway?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels