Internet should block until passed to click-through splash page

SOLVED
Skackar
Here to help

Internet should block until passed to click-through splash page

Hello,

I have configured the AP (MR20) & integrating the click-through splash page. So, i want that user should not be able to access the internet until he passed through the click-through splash page. 

Currently user can able to access the internet without passing & sharing his/her custom details via  click-through splash page.

Users redirecting to my splash page but also able to access the internet from browser in the same time without passing the click-through splash page.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
HodyCrouch
Building a reputation

Take a look at Wireless > Access Control (and make sure your guest SSID is selected at the top).

Locate the "Captive Portal Strength" setting.  If you "Allow non-HTTP traffic prior to sign-on", users will be able to access the internet for most purposes without going through your captive portal page.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HodyCrouch
Building a reputation

Take a look at Wireless > Access Control (and make sure your guest SSID is selected at the top).

Locate the "Captive Portal Strength" setting.  If you "Allow non-HTTP traffic prior to sign-on", users will be able to access the internet for most purposes without going through your captive portal page.

Thanks for your valuable response but i already tried this. This was working on the 1st phase, i.e.; being redirected to my click-through splash page & user won't able to access the internet from browser directly. But once users redirected to my custom click-through page & clicked to the button it won't allow to access the internet after being authorized to it.

Don't know what i am missing in the configuration.

MarcP
Kind of a big deal

what about walled garden? enabled?

GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Probably buggy behavior but before making a case with Meraki.
Check if those users are already authorized.
Under wireless-> splash logins you should see the status of that user.
Login attempts also shows some info.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels