Integrate Customized Signin & Signup page

SOLVED
Skackar
Here to help

Integrate Customized Signin & Signup page

Hi,

Is there a way where i can be able to create customized login & registration page before giving access to Internet.

Under the Wireless > Access Control > Scroll to Splash Page

Selecting option Sign-on with Meraki Authentication works for this or not, please confirm. Is there any way to do that and saves the information on my own server database(MySQL).

Is there any way to test the Custom Splash page integration without using the Physical device, as client asking for that. Please confirm.

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Indeed, if you use Sign-on Meraki Authentication then the user data is maintained in the Meraki cloud, not what you want.

If you just want the users to enter some data (name, e-mail, phone number, etc.) and store that in a MySQL database, use a custom captive portal with the click-through method.

If you want them to actually login, use the login method. But then you'll also need a RADIUS server with the known users that syncs with your MySQL database each time a new user is created.

I must've misunderstood your last question, and I'm still not sure I do. If your question is whether you can experiment with this without actually having a Meraki hardware device, no it's not possible to do that. But you can participate in a Meraki webinar and get one for free or request a Meraki trial. If you're a Cisco partner and you have access to dCloud, you can explore a demo dashboard there.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
BrechtSchamp
Kind of a big deal

Depends on the level of customization you want. If you just want to have some aesthetic customization you can work with custom theme:

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Splash_Page/Custom_Splash_Page_Themes

For the use case of injecting information into your own database during the login process you'll need a fully custom splash page that you host on a server somewhere. For details about that check out the captive portal API:

https://create.meraki.io/guides/captive-portal-api/

That page also links to example code.

You can use Meraki sign-on to keep the user database in Meraki, or you can use an external RADIUS server.

When using the custom themes page, you can preview the page to see what it looks like, but not actually test it out:

2017-07-25_09_40_26-Splash_Page_-_Meraki_Dashboard

With custom hosted pages, all depends on how it's configured and where it's hosted.

You mean to say by selecting Sign-on Meraki Authentication, i can't maintain the user's data to our custom database. All users data will be on the Meraki cloud, right.?

I want to add the users data & control the theme design on our custom server, that's the priority. 

That's what i asked, does the meraki configuration level support's to create custom login & registration maintained on our server & sync all the users information to our MySQL database.? Please confirm.!

You haven't answered the last question, is there any way to integrate Custom hosted splash page without using the Physical device Or it's mandatory to purchase the device for integration.? Please confirm.

Thanks

Saurabh

Indeed, if you use Sign-on Meraki Authentication then the user data is maintained in the Meraki cloud, not what you want.

If you just want the users to enter some data (name, e-mail, phone number, etc.) and store that in a MySQL database, use a custom captive portal with the click-through method.

If you want them to actually login, use the login method. But then you'll also need a RADIUS server with the known users that syncs with your MySQL database each time a new user is created.

I must've misunderstood your last question, and I'm still not sure I do. If your question is whether you can experiment with this without actually having a Meraki hardware device, no it's not possible to do that. But you can participate in a Meraki webinar and get one for free or request a Meraki trial. If you're a Cisco partner and you have access to dCloud, you can explore a demo dashboard there.

Thanks you..so much. You have answered my questions.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels