Individual AP upgrade

SOLVED
Noah014
Here to help

Individual AP upgrade

Hi everyone! Is it possible to, individually, upgrade an AP? I mean, select the network and then select each AP I want to upgrade?

Thanks  🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

As @kn-kimura has said, you can only upgrade whole networks, not an individual AP.

If you want to do a test, clone the network, move the AP into it, and then upgrade that network.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi @Noah014 

In the meraki dashboard, if you go to the access point in question under "wireless" and scroll to the bottom of the access point page, you can select to update that single AP's firmware.

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hmmm, ignore that! You could once do that. 

what about creating a new Network, move an AP into it and upgrade the firmware from there?

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
kn-kimura
Here to help

Hi, Meraki has a specific firmware version for each network.

It is not possible to fix the version of the firmware for each device.

As @kn-kimura has said, you can only upgrade whole networks, not an individual AP.

If you want to do a test, clone the network, move the AP into it, and then upgrade that network.

NGleich
Here to help

Hi everyone,

Can't you just go to Organization's Tab and select "Firmware Upgrades --> All networks tab" and then select the relevant devices you want to upgrade ?

All my devices are up to date so i can't test it right now but at least i am able to select them one at a time and schedule an upgrade for each of the selected devices.

Maybe give it a try 🙂

Kind Regards

Niklas

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@NGleich i only see networks in that list.

NGleich
Here to help

Oh i see, you're right. My mistake, sorry 😞

Noah014
Here to help

Thanks everyone :). I'll do a network and just move the AP i want to upgrade

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels