Implementing Purple for Guest access at auto dealership

LionGate
Here to help

Implementing Purple for Guest access at auto dealership

I'm considering implementing Purple for guest access to the wifi at our auto dealership. I'm concerned the cloud interface will interfere with the Meraki management interface. Am I able to use both interfaces at the same time, i.e. do they integrate? How does this arrangement work? I didn't want to do anything to cause issues with being able to manage my MR33 APs through the Meraki Cloud.

5 REPLIES 5
MRCUR
Kind of a big deal

Looks like Purple is definitely compatible with Meraki - https://purple.ai/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/cisco_meraki_and_purple.pdf

MRCUR | CMNO #12

Yes, it's compatible. What I'm uncertain about is whether enabling the Purple web interface will interfere with the operability of the Meraki interface. Intuitively I'd say not but I didn't want to take the risk.

MRCUR
Kind of a big deal

@LionGate I don't use Purple but I'm unsure how what you're saying would or could happen. The AP's will only take commands from the Meraki Dashboard or Meraki API. Meraki fully supports certified third party products for guest wireless/analytics. 

MRCUR | CMNO #12
iMikeMX
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hi

You can ask a demo of purple and work with it, it´s simple and fast to integrate, try another developers for same solutions, may splash access, both work great.

fernando-buil
Here to help

hi LionGate, Purple with Meraki works great togheter. Meraki has the control over the air and Purple has the authentication layer. For me, only a caveat can be a problem: when the uses are registered at Purple (using any method: social network, formulary), Purple returns an aleatory string as radius username to Meraki platform, so it's impossible to match the customers registered at Meraki with the customers registered in Purple. Maybe exporting as .csv all data of your customers, you can match it between platforms with coincident MAC address, or maybe developing an app with APIs to take all data as you need, but in all cases, more time and money will be needed.

Maybe the idea is to use only Purple to make reports and insight, and use Meraki only for platform control layer.

Regards,

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels