Identity PSK without RADIUS > don't see!

Yoann
New here

Identity PSK without RADIUS > don't see!

Hello I am trying to enable the feature: "Identity PSK without RADIUS", but i do not have this option in the list:

When i go to "Wireless">Access Control , i do not see this option.

My AP is a MR74 with firmware MR27.6 connected to a MS320 Switch in version MS12.33.

I don't understand why i do not have this option available.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Y

5 Replies 5
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Are there any other types of MR (below ac wave2) ap in the network?

If not then i would create a support case

MarcP
Kind of a big deal

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Encryption_and_Authentication/IPSK_Authentication_without_RADIUS

This is the use case that can be solved using Identity Pre-Shared Key (IPSK) without RADIUS, which allows you to configure multiple PSKs for a single SSID. IPSK without RADIUS allows a network administrator to use multiple PSKs per SSID without the use of a RADIUS server. Further, the feature allows you to assign group policies in the dashboard based on the PSK used by the client device to authenticate to the WiFi network. There is a limit of configuring up to 50 PSKs per SSID in Dashboard.

This document will walk you through on how to configure IPSK without RADIUS in the dashboard.

NOTE: This feature is only supported on firmware MR 27.1 onwards and all 802.11ac wave2 and 802.11ax APs. Hence networks with older APs will not have this feature enabled for them even with a firmware upgrade.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It's under the SSID settings, not access control.

PhilipDAth_0-1616794897161.png

MarcP
Kind of a big deal

Ssid -> choosing the ssid and edit ssid = access control, like on your screenshot 😉

Or directly click on access control under wireless.

GFrazier78
Here to help

Sorry I am about 3 years late here.  For the option to appear on your dashboard, you have to have the correct Meraki AP model.  Some models are not compatible with the "PSK without RADIUS" configuration, so having them on your network will remove that option.  I confirmed this with Meraki Support - also, 2 of my networks only have the MR55 and MR56 models, so I have that option on those networks but not the one where I have the MR34 models.

KB:https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Encryption_and_Authentication/IPSK_Authentication_without_RADIUS
+ KB has a requirement that all APs in the network should be All APs in your network must be Wi-Fi 5 Wave 2 (MR20, MR30H, MR33, MR42, MR42E, MR52, MR53, MR53E, MR70, MR74. MR84), Wi-Fi 6 (MR28, MR36, MR36H, MR44, MR46, MR46E, MR56, MR76, MR78, MR86, MR45/55), Wi-Fi 6E (MR57, CW9162I, CW9164I, CW9166I) or newer.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels