How to enabling Guest Wi-Fi access through vouchers/ coupons

SOLVED
Mostofa
Here to help

How to enabling Guest Wi-Fi access through vouchers/ coupons

Hello everyone,

I have an wireless network powered by more than 100+ Meraki APs and most of them are MR52. I want to deploy a Guest network with splash page where vouchers/ coupons will be given to guests to authenticate for internet access.

Please assist me sharing the most convenient way to do this.

Thanks in advance,

G.M

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Usually they're handed out at the reception. But you could just as easily inject a bunch into a database and have an automated system include them in welcome e-mails.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Nydo89
Here to help

Hi,

you can configure the Guest SSID using Network access open and then select a splash page below. 

If you have colleagues that will assign the vouchers to your guest you can use Sign on with Meraki Authentication.

Chose wether you have a dedicated guest VLAN (Bridge mode with VLAN assignment) or use the Meraki NAT mode.

Then I would recommend to apply different administrators (organization --> administrators) and set them as Guest Ambassador. These special admins can login to your dashboard and handle the guest users and present them vouchers and login data.

Also check out the documentation: https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/WiFi_Basics_and_Best_Practices/Configuring_Simple_Guest_and_Inte...

Also I would apply guest policies to maybe shape the traffic or block different applications for the guests to keep your bandwidth clear.

BR, Nils

AjitKumar
Head in the Cloud

Hi @Mostofa 

You have various methods of on-boarding Guests on Meraki Wireless Networks

1. Click-through
  2. Sponsored guest login (Preferred Option 1)
  3. Sign-on with Meraki Authentication (Preferred Option 2)
  4. Billing [Vouchers based access]

You may choose any of the above options considering your organization policies.

If you want to use vouchers/ coupons please check the following Url [You have all the steps to configure SSID and create vouchers]

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Splash_Page/Configuring_a_Prepaid_Card_Billing_SSID

Regards,
Ajit
AjitsNW@gmail.com
www.ajit.network

As @AjitKumar said. For voucher-based access you need to look in to the "billing" access.

Hi Ajit,

Thanks for the replay.

I configured the 4th option as guided in the link. Currently I configured with one day validity. But need more customized price planes with different timestamps like 3/5h or 2/3/7 days etc. Currently in the drop down options it has only hour/day/week/ 30 days to select by default! Can I customize them as desired?

Regards,
G.M

@AjitKumar wrote:

Hi @Mostofa 

You have various methods of on-boarding Guests on Meraki Wireless Networks

1. Click-through
  2. Sponsored guest login (Preferred Option 1)
  3. Sign-on with Meraki Authentication (Preferred Option 2)
  4. Billing [Vouchers based access]

You may choose any of the above options considering your organization policies.

If you want to use vouchers/ coupons please check the following Url [You have all the steps to configure SSID and create vouchers]

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Splash_Page/Configuring_a_Prepaid_Card_Billing_SSID

Hi Ajit,

Thanks for the replay.

I configured the 4th option as guided in the link. Currently I configured with one day validity. But need more customized price planes with different timestamps like 3/5h or 2/3/7 days etc. Currently in the drop down options it has only hour/day/week/ 30 days to select by default! Can I customize them as desired?

Regards,
G.M

You would first define the tiers you need and a corresponding price.

E.g.

3 hours - 4 dollars

5 hours - 6 dollars

2 days - 20 dollars

3 days - 25 dollars

7 days - 40 dollars

And then you would create vouchers with the values you define above.

So for example when you hand someone a voucher with value 20 dollars, he'll be able to use it to get access for 2 days. Similarly if you hand someone a 4 dollar voucher, he'd get access for 3 hours.

Each voucher is valid for one device, and the timer cannot be paused by logging out.

Edit: Actually what I wrote here is wrong. You can only define pricing for 1 unit of time (1 hour, 1 week, 1 month). You then need to give someone multiple vouchers if you want them to have access for let's say 3 hours or 2 days.

Dear @BrechtSchamp ,

Yes that's what I exactly wan to do. But where do I make those changes? I am only getting some predefined options (Hour, day, week, 30days) in pricing plans option. How can I set user defined times like 3h or 2days or 2 weeks?

Guest Pricing Plans.jpgKindly see the attached screenshot.

Oops, you're right. You can only define pricing for a single unit of time (1 hour, 1 day, 1 week). My bad.

@BrechtSchampOkay I understand now 😞

I have another issue to share with.

I am looking for the easiest way to handle the vouchers to distribution to the customers. Please share me if you have any idea in this regards.

Usually they're handed out at the reception. But you could just as easily inject a bunch into a database and have an automated system include them in welcome e-mails.

RobustMeraki
Getting noticed

HI- I am replying to this thread to know how the payment will be carried out when these vouchers are supposed to be delivered. Will the customer come and pay at one place in cash/ card and then get the voucher or ist it possible to generate these vouchers based on payments on the guest wifi portal. I do not mean here to use the Paypal/Credit card type of option, as the Internet users are not using these kind of things.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels