How to easily run a report for when each AP first came online

DanielPatrickF
New here

How to easily run a report for when each AP first came online

Hey all.  Trying to reconstruct the WAP history for my network of over 700 locations for a business audit.  It's going to take dozens of hours if I can't figure out how to run the right report.

I need a report that has the following:

1) wireless network name

2) first date its AP came online

It isn't coming easily to me; any support would be welcomed.

5 Replies 5
Marcel
Here to help

I'm not sure if 2 is even possible and loegged somewhere.

For 1 you can easily use the API as the API call (in python)

get_organization_inventory(organizationid)

will tell you the S/N, mac, model, networkId which should work out for you.

YOu can get an entry with "claimedAt" which seems to help you with 2 at least remotely.

Of course you can and should format the JSON output to have some sort of excel export. 

AjitKumar
Head in the Cloud

Hi

I believe APIs can help you to extract the desired information from the Dashboard. Thereafter you may use this information to creat your report.

Regards,
Ajit
AjitsNW@gmail.com
www.ajit.network
SoCalRacer
Kind of a big deal

I believe online and added to inventory will be different dates.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I don't know of anything that will tell you the "first date its AP came online".

However the process you used for installing the APs might help.  For example, if the AP was added to the network (or some other change) was made right before it came online then you could use the change log, and look for entries of people adding the AP to the network.

https://documentation.meraki.com/zGeneral_Administration/Organizations_and_Networks/Organization_Men...

I'm with @PhilipDAth on this. The changelog is probably the best source. When you download the changelog as .csv, filter the log on labels containing:

Page: "Add devices", "Added devices", "Claimed devices", "Added licenses", etc.

But @SoCalRacer has a point too. Date of addition may not be the same as the date it first came online...

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels