How to check the blocked clients list

SOLVED
Nagesh
Here to help

How to check the blocked clients list

Hi,

We have blocked some of clients using below option in Meraki, but we can't see any option for checking the list of clients are blocked. Can it possible to help any of one related to this.

client_blocked.JPG

Advance Thanks

Nagesh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
HodyCrouch
Building a reputation

If you go to the Client list, you will find a drop-down at the top that defaults to 'all'.  You can change this to filter on 'all clients with a policy'.  As far as I can tell, this filter ignores the time-based filter (last 2-hours, last 30 days, etc.).  When I switched to the 'last 2 hours' view, I can still see clients with a policy assigned that haven't connected to the network in the last few days.

I don't have any clients with a policy that haven't been online in the last 30 days, so I can't test your exact scenario.

If that doesn't work, I would try using the 'Add Client' button (on the same page).  You normally use this feature to assign a policy to a device that has never connected to the network, but it might support your need as well.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

And the group policy column to the clients list and then sort on it.

Hi,

That's possible for clients which are connected for the last 30 days only.

But we need to find out all the blocked clients. 

I don't see any way of doing this past 30 days. To my knowledge Meraki only keeps clients from the past 30 days it was last seen on the network.

Eliot F | Simplifying IT with Cloud Solutions
Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)

Yeah, reports only we can see for 30 days...

If I have blocked the client on 30 days before, then how I can unblock that one. 

I'd say they'd have to associate to the network again so that you can "unblock" them. I'm not sure, but if a client is not seen by the network for 30 days and then re-joins, it may effectively be treated as a "new" client and if a manual policy was applied to it before it was not seen for 30 days, it may not obtain this policy when it re-joins. - You might want to confirm this with Support/A Meraki employee.

Eliot F | Simplifying IT with Cloud Solutions
Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)

Thanks for the updates... i will check with support team.

HodyCrouch
Building a reputation

If you go to the Client list, you will find a drop-down at the top that defaults to 'all'.  You can change this to filter on 'all clients with a policy'.  As far as I can tell, this filter ignores the time-based filter (last 2-hours, last 30 days, etc.).  When I switched to the 'last 2 hours' view, I can still see clients with a policy assigned that haven't connected to the network in the last few days.

I don't have any clients with a policy that haven't been online in the last 30 days, so I can't test your exact scenario.

If that doesn't work, I would try using the 'Add Client' button (on the same page).  You normally use this feature to assign a policy to a device that has never connected to the network, but it might support your need as well.

@Nagesh- Yea @HodyCrouch is right.  Clients with group policies will show in the list regardless of when they last connected.  In one of my networks I can see some clients with group policies that were last seen in October.

Hi All,

Thanks lot for all your replies...

Now i can saw all the blocked clients based on @HodyCrouch answer...

Nagesh

@HodyCrouch wrote:

This is correct. Took me a few attempts to find it.

By Default.. the Clients Dashboard page doesn't show the "Policy" Column.

Here's how to add it, then sort by Policy and you will find Clients that you've BLACKLISTED

Prior to 30 days.

last 30 days-Clients - Meraki Dashboard.pngClick PLUS-Clients - Meraki Dashboard.pngSort by Policy-Clients - Meraki Dashboard.png

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels