cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to block iDrive backups

Building a reputation

How to block iDrive backups

Hello! IDrive is horrific backup software IMO but people use it and it eats bandwidth. It’s not a preset in layer 7 rules in wireless firewall settings. Anybody know how to nerf it?

Networking geek since high school where I got half of a CCNA. Played Marathon II and Infinity over localtalk.
Made many a network over the years, now admin of a retreat center with some of this fine Meraki hardware.
4 REPLIES 4
Kind of a big deal

Re: How to block iDrive backups

Does this work?

1.PNG

Building a reputation

Despite the branding it is not an Apple product.

https://www.idrive.com

Networking geek since high school where I got half of a CCNA. Played Marathon II and Infinity over localtalk.
Made many a network over the years, now admin of a retreat center with some of this fine Meraki hardware.
Kind of a big deal

In that case, port the machine down.  Start a packet capture on "port 53".  Start the machine up and then start the backup.

Examine all the DNS queries.  You should see something related to that product.  Then create a firewall rule to block access to that DNS domain.

Highlighted
Building a reputation

Dude this is most excellent. billandtedsexcellent_pub02-h_2019.jpg

Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.