How to block iDrive backups

RumorConsumer
Head in the Cloud

How to block iDrive backups

Hello! IDrive is horrific backup software IMO but people use it and it eats bandwidth. It’s not a preset in layer 7 rules in wireless firewall settings. Anybody know how to nerf it?

Networking geek since high school where I got half of a CCNA. Played Marathon II and Infinity over localtalk.
Made many a network over the years, now de facto admin of a retreat center with some of this fine Meraki hardware.
Fortune 100 Tech veteran/refugee.
4 REPLIES 4
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Does this work?

1.PNG

Despite the branding it is not an Apple product.

https://www.idrive.com

Networking geek since high school where I got half of a CCNA. Played Marathon II and Infinity over localtalk.
Made many a network over the years, now de facto admin of a retreat center with some of this fine Meraki hardware.

In that case, port the machine down.  Start a packet capture on "port 53".  Start the machine up and then start the backup.

Examine all the DNS queries.  You should see something related to that product.  Then create a firewall rule to block access to that DNS domain.

Dude this is most excellent. billandtedsexcellent_pub02-h_2019.jpg

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels