How to assign manual IP address to MR-46

Mohit_Dhanjal
Getting noticed

How to assign manual IP address to MR-46

Hi Team, 

I have new MR-46 access point, i want to assign manual IP address to this AP, i have connected the same with my access switch.

I don't have DHCP configuration in my switch, Without DHCP configuration through my laptop Can i assign manual IP to this AP. 

Also please suggest other method's.

Thanks & Regards

Mohit Dhanjal

8 REPLIES 8
Mohit_Dhanjal
Getting noticed

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for the update, i have already gone through this document.

My question is if DHCP is not working, which IP address i need to assign to my laptop, so that i can access AP local login page to configure manual IP.

Regards

Mohit

alemabrahao_0-1666976244469.png

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Hi Alemabrahao,

Thanks for replying.

Do i need to connect my laptop and AP to same switch for this procedure. Also Switch that i am using is Cisco 9300 switch, do i need to perform any configuration on the same as well.

Regards

Mohit

Just put both on the same VLAN

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Do i require internet access when assigning manual IP's to access point. or without internet i can assign manual IP by connected laptop and AP in same VLAN

Mohit_Dhanjal
Getting noticed

Do i require internet access when assigning manual IP's to access point. or without internet i can assign manual IP by connected laptop and AP in same VLAN

You don't need internet access, you just need to configure the static IP on your machine and access the AP via IP 10.1281.28.126.

alemabrahao_0-1666988986588.png

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels