How to Capture Wireless Sessions

SOLVED
LibraryGirl
Here to help

How to Capture Wireless Sessions

Hi!

I'm new here, and I work for a public library. Maybe you gathered that by my name! I need to report how many wireless sessions happened in our libraries for the past fiscal year. Does anybody know how to do this?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

org》 summary report

or

org 》 Location analytics select range and download CSV .

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

org》 summary report

or

org 》 Location analytics select range and download CSV .

Thank you!

I used the second option. I like that you're given the option to differentiate between visitors and passerby.

jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

And here I thought you just really liked books... 😉

You won't be able to do this for the last year... But if you use the Summary Reports page under Organization > Summary Reports you can pull 6 month intervals and add them together. 

image.png

I'm not sure if this will do... But it might be as close as you can get. The other option would be to call Meraki support and ask them to pull that data for your fiscal year (I don't know if they can... But worth asking).

Thank you! I DO love books, that's true 🙂

CWMARS
Getting noticed

Hi,

We are a library network and I advise our libraries to run a summary report on the public hotspot SSID monthly and have it emailed.  They then just plug it into a spreadsheet for their annual ARIS report.  We use a splash page to protect the library from liability for copyrighted materials being downloaded on the public wireless device.  In the summary report the accurate number would be the devices granted access by actually accepting the splash page.  The number of devices otherwise could be just devices connecting but not actually accepting the page and using the internet.

Hope this helps!

Anne

CW MARS

bark.cwmars.org

Anne Savoie
NTBaugh
Conversationalist

This report no longer provides "Number of sessions over time." Is there another solution to getting number of sessions?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels