How do I give a new Access Point access to a particular VLAN?

SOLVED
jared721
Here to help

How do I give a new Access Point access to a particular VLAN?

Hello! We just got a new Access Point for our organization, far from other access points. One of our network's SSID's has VLAN Tagging turned on, and is tagged with VLAN 2. We are trying to get access to this particular SSID through our new access point, but this (screenshot below) shows up on the LAN tab of our new access point's management page. VLAN 2 doesn't seem to be working on the new access point, but on our other access points the status for VLAN 2 is green. I'm just wondering, how would I turn the status of VLAN 2 to green on our new access point, so we can access the SSID we need to access through it? I've looked through a bunch of material online but couldn't seem to find a solution. Thank you in advance for your help, I greatly appreciate it!Screen Shot 2021-07-12 at 11.36.51 AM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Make sure there is a dhcp server for that vlan2. So clients can request a dhcp and dns address

Also check if the switch port you connect the AP to is a Trunk that allows vlan2 or all vlans

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Make sure there is a dhcp server for that vlan2. So clients can request a dhcp and dns address

Also check if the switch port you connect the AP to is a Trunk that allows vlan2 or all vlans

Thank you for this!

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Is this a wired access point?  If so it should be plugged into a switch port configured the same as you use for your other APs.

If this is a MESH AP you'll need to follow the MESH configuration guide.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/WiFi_Basics_and_Best_Practices/Wireless_Mesh_Networking 

Thank you!

Put on the switchport where the accesspoint is connected to the native vlan where the accesspoint has to be and has to get dhcp.

redsector_0-1626418236417.png

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels