How close together can two outdoor MRs be?

RumorConsumer
Head in the Cloud

How close together can two outdoor MRs be?

Wanting to add another MR 74 to this mount

Will have two patch antennas (2g/5g) pointing the other direction in the direction of the finger pointing 

different channels obviously.

are they too close?

image.jpg

Networking geek since high school where I got half of a CCNA. Played Marathon II and Infinity over localtalk.
Made many a network over the years, now de facto admin of a retreat center with some of this fine Meraki hardware.
Fortune 100 Tech veteran/refugee.
5 REPLIES 5
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The wavelength is about 122mm.  So if possible I would try and space them more than 122mm apart.

If you want to get more complicated, try and avoid spacings that are a multiple of 1/4 of the wavelength as well if they are close together.

Dude you are something else! Ok I think we will build a new mount about 6 feet away anyway. Thanks!

Networking geek since high school where I got half of a CCNA. Played Marathon II and Infinity over localtalk.
Made many a network over the years, now de facto admin of a retreat center with some of this fine Meraki hardware.
Fortune 100 Tech veteran/refugee.
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If you antenna are directional you should be ok but space as mentioned already. 122mm isn't alot so maybe mount to a thick piece of wood or something. 

My unofficial rule of thumb for vertical separation is 4 feet minimum. Can't remember where I read that from. Can't remember most things these days. Getting old is fun 😃
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn
Brons2
Building a reputation

nice roof, beautiful location.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels