How can you get a summary report for an individual ssid and an individual AP?

Tspan
Conversationalist

How can you get a summary report for an individual ssid and an individual AP?

We would like to access a summary report that gives details of one SSID and one particular AP in the network, we are looking for a guide to what types of information customers are accessing while visiting the museum.  Currently can only see a summary report for one SSID but all the APs on the network.

5 REPLIES 5
kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

You can "tag" and AP and give it a name for example you can give 5 AP's the same tag name if you're collecting data for all 5 or you can just tag 1 AP if you want singular.  Do this by going to Wireless/Access Points/ Pick your AP there should be a tag option there.

tag.PNG

Enthusiast

@kYutobi,

You are 100% correct! I didn't realize that there was a new version of the Organization > Summary Report so I never saw the additional options for filtering there! Nice feature, not sure how I overlooked it. 

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below) and If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution 🙂
kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

Just glad to be of help Wade. Cat Happy

Enthusiast

I have applied the tag to an AP  but the summary report is still not giving any usage statistics.  I only applied the tag to a single AP that is at a remote location.  There have been clients connected, but the summary report is still all zeroes.  Does the AP need to reboot or am I missing a save button?  The tag does appear on the AP config.

WadeAlsup
A model citizen

Hi @Tspan

For now, I think it's a limitation of the design of the Traffic Analytics page. I wish they would add more filters here, such as the ability to specify a single Meraki device or filter by Tags. 

I think it would also be nice to be able to filter the Network Wide Clients page by the Connected To field. This could get us there as well. I guess I'll just keep submitting wishes...

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below) and If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution 🙂
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels