HTTP Force Proxy on MR

gusrod
Conversationalist

HTTP Force Proxy on MR

Hello guys,

Someone tried to set up HTTP Force Proxy on MR Access Point?, since I've tried but I can't make it work.

The situation is as follows:
1. In the Meraki cloud dashboard, the Meraki team enabled us the HTTP FORCE PROXY, so that My users are going to go to the Internet through an GUEST SSID through the internal proxy.

2. When I connect to the guest ssid, and manually put my proxy (192.168.1.1:8080) in my browser, I successfully go internet.

3. If I put my Proxy (192.168.1.1:8080) on the local page of my Meraki AP MR52, it also goes to internet.

4. If I configure the same proxy (192.168.1.1:8080) in the Dashboard of the Meraki Cloud in the HTTP force proxy, and I do the test, I get a failed connection 😫:

Screen Shot 2019-10-16 at 11.07.54 PM.png

Any suggestion of why, if in point 2 and 3 I succeed, 4 doesn't Regards? 

Regards.

5 Replies 5
CptnCrnch
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Could you please gibe a little more details about what the question is or what your goals are?

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I think you can. Open a case with support and request this. 

gusrod
Conversationalist

Thnaks, the support team already enabled me that option.

Did you manage to resolve this issue?  I have the same problem and struggling to find answers

jkessal
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

As of MR28 firmware and up, access points don't have the ability connect to dashboard over HTTP as a fallback. Because of this, the option to set an HTTP proxy is no longer necessary, and will be removed in a future release.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels