[HELP] HAVING PROBLEM TO THESE NEWLY ARRIVE DEVICE

Mrjkcs
New here

[HELP] HAVING PROBLEM TO THESE NEWLY ARRIVE DEVICE

Good morning I would like to seek your help regarding these device ?

why is that this device is in sailed box when it arrive here in our office when i gonna configure it its always saying that the device is already used which is i cant see in my inventory.

meraki error.jpg

9 REPLIES 9
BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

Did you purchase these from an authorized Cisco reseller?  I would call them and or support.  This usually indicates a used device that is already registered somewhere, but not necessarily. 

best

- Ex community all-star (⌐⊙_⊙)

i think so sir because its a part of the plan we avail for our internet connection it was provide with us from the Internet Service Provider when i email the ISP they pass me to cisco rep for these problem. what should i do sir ?

BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

Maybe the ISP already configured it for you. Have you tried just plugging it in and using it?  

also I am curious what ISP is sending out Meraki. Do you want to share what ISP and where you are?

I already ask that to ISP if they already configure these device but the response is they pass me to the Meraki Support, the name of the Provider is PLDT i am in the Philippines.

BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

What did Meraki support say?  They should have only two answers:

1. It is in fact registered already. 
2. It is an issue they can fix

once a few years ago I had an MX that I could not register because Meraki did not have the serial number in their system. I had to wait a few days. I don’t recall if I saw the exact message as you though. It may have said something else in my case. 

Let us know what you find out. 

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Are you sure PLDT are providing this as a managed service (meaning it is in their Dashboard and not yours)?

I would simply return the equipment to the ISP, say it doesn't work and ask for a replacement. 

when i email them regarding this matter they only pass me to an meraki support to solve these matter

BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

@Mrjkcs wrote:

when i email them regarding this matter they only pass me to an meraki support to solve these matter

So what does Meraki support tell you?

I would think either 1) They tell you it is, in fact, already registered to another organization or 2) they recognize an issue they can fix for you.

If #1 I guess you should get your money back and send the gear back to where it came from.

Best.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels