Guest wifi gives too many redirects error to clients

Tasha
Comes here often

Guest wifi gives too many redirects error to clients

I just set up a guest wifi using Nat mode so I can use Meraki DHCP.  When clients log into the guest wifi ssid after the splash page they get "net::ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS".  Firewall settings are set to deny wireless clients from accessing the LAN.

I have another ssid for employee devices that is set to bridge mode with the same firewall settings and layer 2 lan isolation and they can get out to the internet just fine.

What am I doing wrong here?

4 Replies 4
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Are you using an external splash page?

Check out the following to see if it's applicable

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/MR_Splash_Page/Splash_Page_Traffic_Flow_and_Troubleshooting#Too_...

Tasha
Comes here often

Hi,

Thanks for helping.  No I am using the internal splash page the Meraki creates.  If I turn the splash page off it still gives a notice that you have to sign into the wifi (Its set to open) and then you get the same error.

Mace
Here to help

Can you maybe share the splash page settings of this SSID? "net::ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS" is in my opinion related to an issue with the splash page you created. 

The error indicates that the browser is stuck in an infinite redirection loop. An infinite redirection loop happens when you visit a URL pointing to another URL, which points back to the first one.

After several redirects, the browser breaks the redirection loop and displays the "too many redirects" error message. 

Br,

Marco

Tasha
Comes here often

Here are some screen shots of the splash page settings as well as the error received.  Clients get this error even when I have the splash page disabled.

splash page 3.pngsplash page 2.PNGsplash page 1.PNGScreenshot_20220614-162633_CaptivePortalLogin.jpg

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels