Guest wifi and splash pages

Bossnine
Building a reputation

Guest wifi and splash pages

When my users bring their personal devices in we use Google authentication for those devices.  That part works perfectly; however, each separate 'network' requires they authenticate even though its all under the same organization.  Is there any way around that?

The real kicker though is the 90 day splash page timeout, would be nice if that could be unlimited.

5 REPLIES 5
MarcP
Kind of a big deal

As far as I know this is not possible so far.

But would be nice to get a special guest user for all over the networks within one organization.

NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

Any chance you can remove the splash page all-together? I hate captive portals, all it does is cause issues and slow people down. I like the free and wide hills of splash page free mountain
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn
Bossnine
Building a reputation

I too would love nothing more than to be easy and be splash page free; however, I'm not sure the suits would approve of that mountain. 😞

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

What about using WPA2-Enterprise mode?  If you have AD you could authenticate against that, otherwise if you don't have too many users you could use Meraki hosted authentication instead.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Encryption_and_Authentication/Meraki_Cloud_Hosted_Authentication

Bossnine
Building a reputation

I will explore that, I have lots of users so can't easily use Meraki hosted authentication.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels