Guest WLAN Not Getting Internet

SOLVED
MerakiGuy90
Here to help

Guest WLAN Not Getting Internet

I have a separate VLAN for Guest WiFi Access with Splash Through Access, when getting authenticated and an IP Address I cannot connect to the internet. Anyone else every experience this issue, my Guest SSID is tagged with the correct VLAN. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@MerakiGuy90 In the two schools we have implemented the 26.2 release, we have seen our connectivity issues decrease significantly and performance is better than on the 25.13 release with MR34s. 

We likely would have rolled all of our schools to the 26.2 release already but state testing has had to put those on hold until after it is completed. 

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

What happens when you try to go online? Any errors, does it even make it out, or did you test your VLAN to make sure it is properly configured?

Enthusiast

Just get a no internet, my VLAN looks correct to me, I am using Native VLAN 1 which is Prod, on the Switch that the Access Point is connected too. Guest is Network VLAN 10 and its tagged appropriately on the SSID. 

kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

Go to the Wireless - Wireless Health check the connections tab and see where it is failing. Let me know.

Enthusiast

Hi,

I have the same issue... In the morning, the clients are able to associate to the SSID and they get the splash screen for authentication. The clients can authenticate and can browse internet without any issue. If the clients disconnects their wifi connection and reconnect their devices to the same SSID, the network doesn't lease an IP address from the DHCP server. If I check the wireless health, I can see an error like this: "type='NO DHCP response' associated='false' radio='0' vap='2'".

Why are we getting this error if in the first connection the device can obtain an IP address without any problem???

Thanks in advance!!!

David.

I worked with Meraki Support for over an hour last night, could not figure it out. I ended up deleting my Subnet for Guest and creating a new one and now it seems to be working ok. I was getting that same error but I was unable to browse to the internet at all. If we Whitelisted the Device it would connect, the issue is nothing was blocking it in the first place. Seems like the newly created Subnet may have fixed my issue. 

Is your client showing up as authenticated int the guest logins section?

Yes, everything was showing as authenticated.

@MerakiGuy90 Which model of APs and firmware are you using?

I am using MR33's with the most up to date Firmware: MR 25.13

Hi,

we are using MR32 and MR42 access points with 25.13 firmware version in all of them.

David

vassallon
Kind of a big deal

@DBabi and @MerakiGuy90 I would definitely look into implementing the 26.2 release, while listed as a Beta, it has fixed quite a few of the strange connectivity issues we had been seeing.

@vassallon thank you! I have been debating doing the upgrade to see if it would address.

@MerakiGuy90 In the two schools we have implemented the 26.2 release, we have seen our connectivity issues decrease significantly and performance is better than on the 25.13 release with MR34s. 

We likely would have rolled all of our schools to the 26.2 release already but state testing has had to put those on hold until after it is completed. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels