Guest SSID only works on an access mode port

Dakaro
Conversationalist

Guest SSID only works on an access mode port

I have 2 SSID, one with vlan tagging and the guest ssid without vlan tagging because the client assignment is set on "Nat mode: Use Meraki DHCP". The problem is that if the switch port is set on access mode, the guest ssid goes up but the other goes down, but, if I set the switch port in trunk mode, the guest ssid goes down and the other goes up. The thing is that I need to have both SSID's up.

Thanks in advance for your help!

5 REPLIES 5
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

What datavlan you use on the access port?

What native vlan and tagged vlan are used when you set it to trunk?

What vlan do you tag the (non guest) ssid?

Dakaro
Conversationalist

Hi!

1- Data VLAN: 209

2- When set to trunk I use vlan 208, 209, 211.

3- Non guest is tagged to vlan 209, the guest ssid does not tag any vlan.

NAT mode will NAT the clients to the mgmt IP of the AP.

So, when you're in trunk mode what IP is the AP getting? What VLAN? And does that IP/VLAN have access to the internet? 

Dakaro
Conversationalist

Hey Ryan,

I'm getting the ip 192.168.209.237 (DHCP) from vlan 209.

Viewing other installations i realize that it has to have an ip from the vlan 208, but i can't change the lan ip to a statically assigned. That could be the error.

Kennygd
Conversationalist

Dakaro,

If you have your AP set to DHCP on VLAN209 then your switch port will be set to (Trunk allowed VLANs all) or (Trunk allowed VLANs 208/209/211). The Native VLAN can be left on VLAN1.

If the AP is using VLAN1 in the IP settings the switchport will be set to Trunked allowed VLAN 208/211 with the Native VLAN being 209.

As long as your AP is online and checked into the dashboard guests using Meraki NAT DHCP will then have internet access. The other two VLANs will push their traffic across the trunk back to the gateway device.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels