cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Group Polices

SOLVED
Getting noticed

Group Polices

Guys, I'll explain my scenario here and I'd like to know if the polices group can help me in this case:

SSID 1-> Vlan 1 - Administrative users;
SSID 2-> Vlan 2 - Users only browsing 3 different times on the same day;
SSID 3 -> Vlan 3 - VOIP Users;
SSID 4 -> Vlan 4 - Users only board;
SSID 5 -> DHCP Meraki. Visiting users registered for browsing.

Note that these VLANs are just for networks not to talk and of course I have any or deny rules for some situations.

Solution:
I would like to decrease the SSID number. But how could I do this using the police group? For example: Vlan1, 3, and 4 devices can not talk. How to make layer 3 and 7 rules?

Could someone give me an idea?

Thank you !

Pedro Constantino

Pedro Constantino
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Re: Group Polices

As an addition to what PhilipDAth said, there are three ways how to apply these Group Policies.

- Manually, per client, on the Monitor > Clients page. (this is useful in very small deployments as it requires an admin to be manually making the changes).

- By RADIUS attribute (this one is very extended from small to big size companies.)

- By device type (this one is very useful for education environments).

Hope this helps 🙂

Leo Gomez
2 REPLIES 2
Kind of a big deal

Group policies applied to devices on a WiFi network let you specify the VLAN to drop the user into.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Group_Policies_and_Blacklisting/Creating_and_Applying_Group_Poli...

So you can have one SSID with three users, and put each user on a separate VLAN.

Highlighted
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

As an addition to what PhilipDAth said, there are three ways how to apply these Group Policies.

- Manually, per client, on the Monitor > Clients page. (this is useful in very small deployments as it requires an admin to be manually making the changes).

- By RADIUS attribute (this one is very extended from small to big size companies.)

- By device type (this one is very useful for education environments).

Hope this helps 🙂

Leo Gomez
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.