Group Polices

SOLVED
Pedro
Getting noticed

Group Polices

Guys, I'll explain my scenario here and I'd like to know if the polices group can help me in this case:

SSID 1-> Vlan 1 - Administrative users;
SSID 2-> Vlan 2 - Users only browsing 3 different times on the same day;
SSID 3 -> Vlan 3 - VOIP Users;
SSID 4 -> Vlan 4 - Users only board;
SSID 5 -> DHCP Meraki. Visiting users registered for browsing.

Note that these VLANs are just for networks not to talk and of course I have any or deny rules for some situations.

Solution:
I would like to decrease the SSID number. But how could I do this using the police group? For example: Vlan1, 3, and 4 devices can not talk. How to make layer 3 and 7 rules?

Could someone give me an idea?

Thank you !

Pedro Constantino

Pedro Constantino
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
LeoG
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

As an addition to what PhilipDAth said, there are three ways how to apply these Group Policies.

- Manually, per client, on the Monitor > Clients page. (this is useful in very small deployments as it requires an admin to be manually making the changes).

- By RADIUS attribute (this one is very extended from small to big size companies.)

- By device type (this one is very useful for education environments).

Hope this helps 🙂

Leo Gomez

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Group policies applied to devices on a WiFi network let you specify the VLAN to drop the user into.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Group_Policies_and_Blacklisting/Creating_and_Applying_Group_Poli...

So you can have one SSID with three users, and put each user on a separate VLAN.

LeoG
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

As an addition to what PhilipDAth said, there are three ways how to apply these Group Policies.

- Manually, per client, on the Monitor > Clients page. (this is useful in very small deployments as it requires an admin to be manually making the changes).

- By RADIUS attribute (this one is very extended from small to big size companies.)

- By device type (this one is very useful for education environments).

Hope this helps 🙂

Leo Gomez
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels