Force specific Wi-FI MAC to use specific SSID

Kave
Getting noticed

Force specific Wi-FI MAC to use specific SSID

Hi everyone.

Is there any way to force a specific machine ( Via MAC address) to use Specific SSID.

I have 3 different SSID in my MR WAP and i need just 1 SSID automatically connected to specific MAC.

kav noroozi
3 REPLIES 3
rwiesmann
A model citizen

Hi, 

Meraki Trusted Access maid fulfill your requirements...but not quite sure...

https://documentation.meraki.com/zGeneral_Administration/Cross-Platform_Content/Trusted_Access_for_S...

rgds

roger

NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

I might be misunderstanding something here but why not just only configure that device to only use that SSID?

Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@NolanHerring I believe the issue is that a corporate device is configured with a particular SSID, but the user chooses another one as they think it is 'better'.  We get it all the time where we have to allow users to add SSIDs to their laptops and phones, so they can connect at home etc. and find that they have connected to incorrect ones at work (public or employee byo) and then wonder why nothing works as expected...

The only pure MR way I think you can do this is with iPSK where you have a mac address and password for each known device, forcing them to the given VLAN. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels