Force a repeater to connect to specific gateway

Deanna_Leimbach
Comes here often

Force a repeater to connect to specific gateway

I am working on an outdoor wireless installation for an athletic complex.  There is a combination of outdoor APs that will serve clients and bridge APs that are connecting a couple of buildings together.  My question is tihs.  Is there a way to force a repeater to connect to the AP I want to be the gateway?  The repeater keeps joining another AP as it's gateway.  If I reboot that AP then it will go back to the AP I want to be it's gateway.  But then it will eventually join another AP as it's gateway.  There is a strong signal from the repeater and it's intended gateway.

2 REPLIES 2
Shawqy
Getting noticed

As of I know, that we cannot configure. Anyways please check with Meraki support whether is there any ways to do the needful from backend. 

Bruce
Kind of a big deal

If you haven’t already seen it, this document provides some detail on how a gateway is chosen, https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/WiFi_Basics_and_Best_Practices/Wireless_Mesh_Networking

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels