Fluent in German?

RonJackson
Here to help

Fluent in German?

Bit of a strange question. 

We have 5 MR52's deployed over two floors and no problems what so ever. 

I came into the office two weeks ago, connected to the Wifi and carried on with some work. I then went to You Tube to research something...and all the adverts were in German. I then tried to hop onto to our BYOD network, and the prompt for your email address was all in German. I checked my Mac to ensure it wasnt a setting on there. Went home, connected to my Wifi and everything works fine. 

I came in today and the office manager was looking for a courier. Went to Google, typed in Courier and her search was suggesting couriers in Berlin. Ive had a look on the London area of the Meraki space but cant seem to find anywhere to set the location to see if its been set incorrectly. So Question being: 

A: Why on earth would the location change when it was set to London before Lockdown, 
B: Can I actually change location so its set to London / UK rather than Berlin / Germany

Thanks

1 Reply 1
BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

This sounds like a geolocation mistake with your public IP.  Did you try to go to a site like https://whatismyipaddress.com and see what it reports for your location?  You may want to try some other sites like that too, but if you find one or more that show you in Berlin that would be the problem.  

- Ex community all-star (⌐⊙_⊙)
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels