Firmware 27.7.1

emhe13
Here to help

Firmware 27.7.1

Hi, has anyone already implemented the stable version 27.7.1?

I have the doubt of updating my APs MR18 and MR33 to that version

13 REPLIES 13
Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@emhe13 : Well i would say you can go ahead with that version, Not updated mine but i think some one in this community definitely updated !

BUG FIXES
Wi-Fi 6 MRs might exhibit unexpected reboots (Wi-Fi 6 MRs)

KNOWN ISSUES
Sporadic packet loss & instability on Layer 3 roaming & Teleworker VPN SSID's (Wi-Fi 5 Wave 2 MRs/Wi-Fi 6 MRs)
UNII-2e channels not available for indoor APs in Israel IL regulatory domain (Wi-Fi 5 Wave 2 MRs/Wi-Fi 6 MRs)

Regards/Inder
Cisco IT Blogs awarded in 2020 & 2021
www.thenetworkdna.com
WB
Building a reputation

Running v27.1.1 on MR33 and MR46 has been working fine for us, we went straight from v26.8 to that

Thanks @WB  - so you're running a mixed environment dashboard network?  Wi-Fi 5 and Wi-Fi 6 Access Points in the same dashboard network?

The reason I ask is I understand MR33 (Wi-Fi 5 wave2 Access Points) will stay on 26.x while newer Wi-Fi 6 Access Points will run 27.7.1

Did you mean to say your MR46 APs are on 27.7.1?  You mentioned 27.1.1 which I'm assuming is a typo?

If your MR46 are on 27.7.1 are they running okay on that MR release?

Our MR44 APs are scheduled to upgrade to 27.7.1 up from 27.6

Thanks in advance.

Bruce
Kind of a big deal

@paddyboy WiFi 5 access points (such as the MR33) run MR27 and later code too. It’s only pre WiFi 5 (I.e 802.11ac Wave 2) devices like the MR18 and MR32 that can’t upgrade beyond MR26 code.

Thanks for clarifying.  We have a dashboard network with only Wi-Fi 6 APs.

So you're running 27.7.1 firmware and it's working fine on Wi-Fi 6 APs @Bruce ?

Bruce
Kind of a big deal

@paddyboy, sorry can’t comment on 27.7.1 on Wifi 6 APs, I’ve only got Wifi 5 APs.

WB
Building a reputation

Sorry @paddyboy I gave an extremely simplified answer in my previous reply!

The MR33 is not on the same network as the MR46s but it is running fine with v27.7.1 and the MR46s in our MR46-only networks are also running just fine 🙂 In fact bumping up from v26.8 resolved a DOT1X auth issue we were having with some horrible android-based "smart" boards.

Will be pushing v27.7.1 to our last remaining MR46-only networks next week, haven't touched v28.x yet but looking forward to actually having interim accounting timer control! (finally!!)

Thanks so much @WB .  I really appreciate the reply.  We've had weird set backs in the past when moving to new firmware - and we've just upgraded our dorms to all MR44 APs so both are very new to us.

I'm not crazy about the fact Meraki changed my dashboard network so we have to upgrade to this firmware rather then us doing so if and when we choose to do it.  We've postponed the upgrade, but the choice has been taken away from us in this dashboard network in the firmware upgrades section, we have to choose a date rather than us doing that manually when we're ready to do it.

We didn't notice a DOT1X issue, but students aren't here to report them yet, so thanks for clarifying that as well.

We did notice certain older Intel NIC drivers were causing some laptops to not see any SSIDs on the new MR44 APs, The only way to fix it is to have the customer update their drivers, so I'm hopeful this new firmware might address that.  I'm pretty sure Meraki is aware of that bug, as I read about it in a different discussion thread.

Thanks again for the clarification!  If we see any issues, I'll update here about them.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@paddyboy the bug where certain wireless chipsets cannot see WiFi6 APs is client related and was fixed by Intel about 3 years ago from memory.  The clients will need to update if they have very old drivers.

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Mr 18 only runs up to 26.8.2

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@emhe13 we did upgrade one network on it for 3-4 weeks, but it only contains an MR32 so it actually ran 26.8.2.  all our networks are now on 28.3 (with older APs running 26.8.2) so it turns out we have no experience of it!

Bruce
Kind of a big deal

If you have both those APs in the same network then the MR18 will stay on 26.x firmware when you set the network to 27.x, the MR33 will upgrade. There will also be a number of the newer features (e.g. WPA3, iPSK without RADIUS) that you won’t get access to as they rely on all APs in the network having the more recent firmware.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels