Firewall rules and bridge mode enabled

Solved
diablo24
Building a reputation

Firewall rules and bridge mode enabled

Hi,

I have a question regarding firewall rules and when the AP is set to Bridge mode. My understanding when Bridge mode is enabled, clients obtain IPs from an upstream DHCP server. Can I still use firewall rules even if the AP isn't managing the IP pool being given to the clients?

Thanks in advance,

-Jerome

1 Accepted Solution
pjc
A model citizen

Yes, you can.  Firewall rules are setup in the same way per SSiD.  Just make sure that at the bottom of your layer 3 rules, you deny Local Lan access (if that's the intention)

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Adam
Kind of a big deal

If someone else doesn't know off the top of their head I could test this on my home network later.  That is the only Meraki network I have setup in Bridge mode.  Would be pretty easy to confirm.  Just add a layer 7 firewall rule to block a specific website and then try to navigate to that website from the wireless network.  

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.
pjc
A model citizen

Yes, you can.  Firewall rules are setup in the same way per SSiD.  Just make sure that at the bottom of your layer 3 rules, you deny Local Lan access (if that's the intention)

diablo24
Building a reputation

@pjc 

@Adam

Thanks for your help!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels