Fastest Wireless Mesh Link?

RumorConsumer
Head in the Cloud

Fastest Wireless Mesh Link?

Whats the fastest link you guys have seen connecting two APs together wirelessly gateway-->repeater? Ive seen a max of about 115mbit.

Networking geek since high school where I got half of a CCNA. Played Marathon II and Infinity over localtalk.
Made many a network over the years, now de facto admin of a retreat center with some of this fine Meraki hardware.
Fortune 100 Tech veteran/refugee.
2 Replies 2
kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

It really depends on speed you currently have with the line of sight between the 2 AP's. Anytime an AP goes into repeater mode it's half duplex which already decreases your bandwidth. For example if you have 300/300 deciated then on wifi it could be 80/80 or 50/50 depending on connection. FYI I'm just throwing numbers.

Enthusiast

Awesome and under mesh speed what’s the fastest you’ve seen?
Networking geek since high school where I got half of a CCNA. Played Marathon II and Infinity over localtalk.
Made many a network over the years, now de facto admin of a retreat center with some of this fine Meraki hardware.
Fortune 100 Tech veteran/refugee.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels