Fail Change IP AP

SOLVED
Renato_Souza-BR
Here to help

Fail Change IP AP

Hello friends.

In my network, I have problem to change IP, when I change AP.

The network is exclamation point and no more browsing.

Has anyone ever had this same problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I check VLAN, not found problem. This problem ok now, i changing bitrate accept maximum compatibilite.

Thankf for help.

Bye

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Adam
Kind of a big deal

So you are changing the IP of the AP?  Have you verified the configuration to make sure the VLAN, IP, Gateway are correct?

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.
TerryVasquez
Getting noticed

Hi,

We also encounter the same issue as yours. There are times that when we change the IP address of the Access Points, either it does not able to connect to the internet, or the new IP address will not take effect.

What we have done:

1. Check if the VLAN of the port where the AP is connected is correct. Sometimes we forgot that we need to also change the VLAN for the switch port where the AP is connected when we changes its IP address.

2. If the new IP is on the same subnet, we normally connect to that AP and access its local page (http://ap.meraki.com). From there, we will check if the configuration from the Dashboad take effect on the AP.

3. Worst case, do a factory reset on your AP. Remove the AP from the network

Terry VASQUEZ Jr.

I check VLAN, not found problem. This problem ok now, i changing bitrate accept maximum compatibilite.

Thankf for help.

Bye

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels