Evolution of MR series

RumorConsumer
Head in the Cloud

Evolution of MR series

For a young gun can somebody post the progression of models?

is it like 

MR32–>MR34—>MR42 for that family of products? Is it linear like that? Would love to know how things went in terms of upgrade path.

Networking geek since high school where I got half of a CCNA. Played Marathon II and Infinity over localtalk.
Made many a network over the years, now de facto admin of a retreat center with some of this fine Meraki hardware.
Fortune 100 Tech veteran/refugee.
4 REPLIES 4
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

MR3x and MR4x are seperate series.

I'm only familair with the MR32 and MR33 in that series.

The MR30H is a brand new product line.

There was an MR34, MR42 and then an MR45.

There was an MR18 and then an MR20.

There was an MR52, then MR53 and now MR55.

There was an MR62, MR72, MR74 and now MR84.

the 52 device is the superstar of my network so far. For the places no other indoor device goes I just keep putting 52s there and they rock it.

Networking geek since high school where I got half of a CCNA. Played Marathon II and Infinity over localtalk.
Made many a network over the years, now de facto admin of a retreat center with some of this fine Meraki hardware.

The EOS dates are probably a good indication to go by when you want to sort them by age.

https://documentation.meraki.com/zGeneral_Administration/Other_Topics/Product_End-of-Life_(EOL)_Poli...

MR32 was replaced by MR33 and MR34 was replaced by MR42. They're the 802.11ac wave 2 replacements.

Got it. The wave 2 stuff is no joke. They make links in places the older stuff doesn't even touch.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels